CYO Scholarship Awarded to Brock Dubicki
Congratulations to accomplished Brantford Boys CYO graduate Brock Dubicki for being awarded the Monsignor Harvey Roach CYO Scholarship for 2016. Dubicki was recognized with a one-time $1,000 award for his consistent volunteer service and his high level of academic achievement throughout his time with CYO. Well done Dubicki and best of luck in your future studies!
Please note that applications for the 2016-2017 Scholarship will be accepted after May 1, 2017.
Reverend Monsignor H. E. Roach Scholarship Award
The award was created to recognize the 50th anniversary of C.Y.O. Brantford Basketball. The program was founded by Monsignor Roach and Paul Mitchell in 1956 and has been in continuous operation since that date. There are currently more than 540 boys in the program.
The scholarship will be for $1,000 to the high school graduate that is proceeding to post secondary education.
Any boy who has participated in the program for a minimum of 6 years is eligible. At least two of those years must be in a non player position e.g. referee, skill session.
Applications must be returned to the President of C.Y.O Boys Basketball by 4:30pm by June 30, 2016
- Applicants resume including detailed description of C.Y.O. involvement and the name of the institution the applicant will be attending in September.
- A letter of support from the high school principal.
- A personal letter outlining why the applicant is a worthy candidate for the scholarship.
- A sealed letter of support from an adult who has been involved with the applicant in the C.Y.O. program.
- A transcript of marks from high school.